Does anyone else have a gripe with most vegan cheeses? I’ve tried many cashew and potato based cheese recipes to only be disappointed in the end. Those cashews get expensive! I’ve created a nacho cheese dip that is not only cashew free but nut free, gluten free, soy free, oil free and potato free. Best of all, it takes only five minutes to whip up and you only need a blender!
How does this magic nacho cheese come to life? The base is beans! That’s right. Just one can of white beans will give you a huge bowl of the healthiest, creamiest, dreamiest, cheesiest vegan nacho cheese dip you will ever try. Just ask my super picky non vegan boyfriend who detests virtually every vegan cheese he has ever tried – up until this one of course. 😉
Ways to enjoy this 5 minute vegan nacho cheese sauce:
- on tacos
- in burritos
- with tortilla chips
- chili cheese fries
- regular cheese fries
- chili cheese soy dogs
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans (do not discard bean liquid)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened milk of choice
- ¼ cup jarred salsa
- 3-6 pickled sliced jalapeno peppers (depending on your spice tolerance)
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeno brine
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Add all ingredients to a blender including the bean liquid.
- Blend on high speed until extremely smooth and thick. You can add a little more milk if you need.
- This can be eaten as is but if you want it hot, use the directions below. 🙂
Microwave: Pour into a large microwave safe bowl and heat in 25 second intervals, stirring in between until you reach desired temperature.